The DigiSnap Pro contains two computers. One is extremely low power and handles power management and time-lapse functions. This is called the DSPC, or DigiSnap Pro Controller. The other is a Linux-based system that handles networking and USB functions, referred to as the Network Board or Network Hardware. The software for each is updated independently.
Always update the Network Software before upgrading the DigiSnap Pro Low Level Firmware.
DigiSnap Pro Networking Software Updates
The DigiSnap Pro networking software is updated via the internet.
To check for updates:
- Open the app and go to the Network Settings screen.
- Scroll to the bottom to find the Network Hardware section.
- Ensure it shows "Internet: Connected".
- Then click "Check for Updates".
- If a newer version is available, the "Upgrade Software" button will become clickable.
- Click the "Upgrade Software" button.
- A message will appear at the bottom of the screen indicating the update is starting.
- Within about 30 seconds, you should see another message that says "Network Hardware Ready".
- After the upgrade completes, the title of the section will refresh to show the new version number. In the screenshot, you can see it is v.233. You can see the latest version number and the list of changes in the network software change log.
DigiSnap Pro Low Level Firmware Updates
Warning! Do not upgrade the firmware unless you have the latest network software.
The latest low level firmware version is: V120.dspc
DigiSnap Pro low level firmware can be upgraded from the Android app or Debug Module. The debug module cable can be ordered as an accessory with the DigiSnap Pro.
The upgrade process will restore all settings to factory defaults, so be sure to note your settings before starting the upgrade.
Warning! When upgrading the DigiSnap Pro low level firmware via the Android app it is important that your Android device remain within the Bluetooth signal radius and has adequate power to avoid any interruption during the firmware upgrade process. Do not force close the app, shutdown, or restart your device!
Upgrading DigiSnap Pro Low Level Firmware from Android Device
- Ensure you have the latest version of the DigiSnap Pro app by updating via your app store.
- Open this page on your Android device.
- Download the latest firmware file, linked above.
- Open the DigiSnap Pro app and tap to enter the tools menu:
- Tap Upgrade Firmware:
- If you have done multiple firmware upgrades from this device, multiple files may be listed. Choose the most recent firmware file:
- Tap Yes to confirm.
- Wait for the upgrade to complete. Do not force close the app, shutdown, or restart your device!
- Visit each of the screens to re-enter your settings.